Dentist Trivia for Kids and Parents
This dentist trivia is a fun way to learn about oral health. Whether you are a teacher, parent or simply a trivia buff, you'll enjoy these trivia questions and fun facts.
Dentist Trivia & Teeth Trivia
This dentist trivia and teeth trivia is sure to keep you and your crew entertained. If you have kids at home, consider sharing these with your children while driving to the dentist to help make the experience more fun for everyone.
1. What is the second biggest candy selling holiday in the United States?
Christmas. Christmas is the second biggest candy selling holiday in the United States. You might have guessed that the number 1 best selling holiday for candy (by a healthy margin) is Halloween.
2. True or false, George Washington has a set of teeth that were made of wood?
False. Contrary to popular belief, George Washington's famous dentures were not made from wood. His four pairs of custom choppers were crafted from gold, ivory, lead, and a mixture of human, donkey, and hippopotamus teeth.
3. What is the item most often choked on by Americans?
Toothpicks. Toothpicks are the object most often choked on by Americans.
4. In what country was the toothbrush with bristles invented?
China. The first toothbrush with bristles was made in China in 1498. Bristles from hogs, horses, and badgers were used.
5. The daily recommended amount of added sugar is 4 teaspoons or less per day. How many teaspoons of sugar are in one can of Coca Cola?
Nine teaspoons. A can of Coke contains 35 grams, or about 9 teaspoons of sugar!
Dentist and Teeth Fun Facts
These 10 dentist fun facts are an interesting way to engage your families or your students regarding oral health.
- By drinking one can of soda daily, the average American gains 15 lbs. each year.
- The human tongue is as unique as a fingerprint. No two people have the same tongue print.
- In 1994, a West Virginia prison inmate braided dental floss into a rope, scaled the wall, and escaped!
- Dolphins use their teeth to grab only, not to chew, as dolphins' jaws have no muscles.
- Tooth enamel is the hardest structure in the human body.
- It was customary during the middle ages to kiss a donkey if you had a toothache.
- There are more bacteria in your mouth right now than there are people on the Earth.
- On Average, Americans spend 50x more on hair care products than tooth care products each year.
- Roughly 25% of American adults have no teeth.
- Kids miss 51 million school hours a year due to dental related illnesses.
South University Dental Associates In Fargo
If you live in Fargo North Dakota or the surrounding area, we hope you'll consider scheduling a dentist appointment at South University Dental Associates. We are currently accepting new patients.